Super Seesaw

Kia ora, todays Summer Learning Journey science task was to create a super seesaw, also known as a catapult, that would fling something through the air into a box or something, I used a bag. Heres a link to a video that explains how to make a super seesaw, explained by Nanogirl. It took me 24 attempts to fling a pompom into a bag. The hardest part was getting something not to big, but not to small, but would fly into a bag perfectly. The pompom that I used only just went into the bag, if the bag had been another inch forwards it wouldn´t have gone in. The only parts that I actually enjoyed were making the seesaw and celebrating when it finally went in on the 25th time. I hope you enjoy watching the video!

2 thoughts on “Super Seesaw

1. Kia ora Molly,

What an epic moment to capture the shot going in, sounded like a big relief after 24 other goes. Great to hear you were so patient and carried on even when it wasn’t working.

What kept you going with the task when you were struggling, Did you have any video footage of your attempts that weren’t successful. In reflection, what made it work on that last go? What adjustments did you have to make? As a further challenge it would be great to see some of the failures and talk about what changes you made?

Really enjoying reading and seeing your work today 🙂
    Theresa

2. Hi Theresa,
    I actually still have ALL of my failed attempts on camera, I don´ t even know why I´ m not deleting them! I think that what made it successful was most times it failed I reajusted the bluetack on the bottom to make it closer or further, but what really helped was each time I adjusted it looked to see how far it would go and moved the bag to what suited it. Thanks for comment on my work!
    Molly